Sign in to follow this  
saltydisciple

How can I add a widget title using custom CSS?

saltydisciple

Hi, One of the widgets I'm using in my platformpro morefoot area does not allow me to define a widget title in the wordpress widget setting page. How do I add a title to that widget using custom CSS in Platformpro?

Danny
Hi Saltydisciple, It's not possible to add text using custom CSS, CSS is for styling content not adding it. Which widget are you using ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

saltydisciple
Hi Danny, Thank you for answering. I am using a smoothslider widget to show text captions in the morefoot area. The widget does not have an option to add a title to it in the drag&drop widget area of wordpress. I checked with Firebug and found the following:

So it does not have a title and there seems to be no way of adding one to it. Do I have to go prodding the smoothslider's own code or can I do this somehow more "eloquently"? Thanks in advance!

Danny
I just watched a video tutorial for the widget and apparently the widget title can be changed in the widgets settings page. http://www.clickonf5.org/smooth-slider/

saltydisciple
True. But this only affects, the sliders own skin template, which puts the title NOT in the widget-title class but within the widget. Using firebug the title using the sliders own title in it's settings page is:
This is the title
Whereas it should put the title:

HERE

Is there any way of adding the title to the right place? To illustrate my problem visually: (widget-title class put title here) --------------------------- [THIS IS THE MARGIN ABOVE THE WIDGET] (sldr-title class put title here) [HERE IS THE WIDGET ITSELF] HELP!

Danny
Would it be possible for you to post a link to your site please?

saltydisciple
The website it running on a virtual server on my own computer. So I guess this is not possible?

Danny
OK, I installed the plugin and found it to be extremely annoying with all the ads. There is no option for Widget title like you mentioned, I would recommend you contact the plugin author, as this isn't a theme issue, the only way I can see you adding a title like you want is to change the code of the widget itself, but maybe the author of the plugin knows of an easy way.

saltydisciple
OK! This is what I thought too. I was hoping that there would be another way... THANK YOU VERY

saltydisciple
this was left out ----> MUCH DANNY!

Danny
No problem, sorry I couldn't assist you further!

saltydisciple
I did a "hardwire" fix for the problem. I could not get a reply from the plugin developer... so I used the Platformpro custom css section to remove the widget-title class (copied the CSS path with Firebug): .widget-title {display:none;} Then I tweaked [with the same platformpro custom css section (again copied the CSS path with Firebug)] the css rules for the sslider to my liking: .sldr_title { padding: 5px 5px 5px 0; font-family: "Century Gothic","Apple Gothic",Verdana,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 0; text-transform: uppercase; } And the end result is now more or less ok, not brilliant, but ok. I just wanted to post this, if someone else if having a similar problem.