Sign in to follow this  
ptrevino

Tweaking feature slider text area?

ptrevino

Hello. Newbie here, and I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; I have been unable to locate an answer. I have a feature page configured and working properly using the Feature slider. However, as the majority of my images are square, and typically I have a moderate amount of text I would like to have display alongside each image, rather than have the image sit in the center of the field and push at least the last part of the text off-screen, I would prefer to have the images move to the right (or left) of the slider field and free up more space for text. I have been unsuccessful in discovering whether this is possible, and if so, how I would accomplish this. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers and thanks. Phillip

ptrevino
Thank you for the prompt answer. May I do so privately as the site is not yet public?

Rob
The simplest way to resolve the problem is not through code, but graphics. Create a basic image equal to the specific size of the slide (global content width x height set in Feature Settings). Copy each square image flush to the right or left, where you want to see it. Paste it there and save the image. Upload and replace the square with the new, elongated version. Set the feature slide to place the overlay on the side opposite where the image is. (Pic on right, overlay on left). This is simple, easy and requires no coding that could affect other slides you may wish to add in your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ptrevino
Thank you for the suggestion. It was helpful.