Sign in to follow this  
elzadra

Links don't work from sidebar text widget

elzadra

Two apparently linked issues: I cannot make links from text in a text widget on a Platform Pro template site. I cannot change the color of text in the same text widget, although I have tried legal HTML and CSS code that works fine on other parts of the page. Can someone please tell me whether there are special escape characters I need to use in this situation or some other workaround? I have been banging my head against it for days and my client is losing patience.

kastelic
Link to your site? Could you also post all the code you have in your text widget as well as the CSS you have tried, and the location to which you put your CSS code?

elzadra
The site is here: http://www.motivationalinterviewingmontreal.org/ Wait a second. Does it make any difference which browser one's working from? I just shifted everything to Chrome and now the changes are working and things are doing what I want them to.

elzadra
OK, you can still help me with something. How do I float that search box over to the left? I've tried everything I can think of in the CSS but it doesn't budge.

elzadra
Also, if I'm using qTranslate, can I get a different header banner for each language?

catrina
What CSS have you tried so far? There is the float property (shown below). Also, adjusting the left margin using this CSS might work, too. [code]float: left;[/code] From my knowledge, Since qTranslate uses individual pages for translations and the header is a separate part of these pages (because it's part of the header template), the banner can't be changed using qTranslate. There might be alternative ways using code, though.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse