Sign in to follow this  
jamiewalden

iFrame and Submenu Issue

jamiewalden

Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with an iframe on one of my pages. In Chrome and IE (not Firefox, oddly) the iframe seems to overlap the submenu when I hover over the nav item with that has a drop down. Here's a link to the page with the issue: http://blogstage.americandatanetwork.com/our-values/ Also, I don't think it should matter what's in the iframe. But if it does, the iframe contains our culture document that is done via Prezi. Here's the code I used to embed for the iframe. I like it's presentation better than prezi's embed code option.

[/code]

I appreciate your time and thoughts on this issue. Cheers.

jamiewalden
That semicolon shown above isn't actually in the code. Not sure how it got into the post.

kastelic
Unfortunately, I think its not the iframe itself that the menu is going behind, but the flash content inside the iframe. Are you able to edit the source code for the flash content itself? If so you need to to add "wmode=transparent" as a parameter of the embed tag. or like this post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/73175#Comment_73175

jamiewalden
Dang. I could edit it if I used the embed code. Problem is, Prezi forces you to use their branded player even though we paid for a premium account that was supposed to let us replace the prezi logo with our logo. (Fine print says the logo replacement doesn't apply to embedded prezis. But that's another story.) Unless there's another workaround, I suppose I'm screwed by prezi. I hate it too, because i want very badly to like their company as their product is great. This logo thing is a misstep though. Here's their embed code for kicks: [code]
[/code] Thanks Jimmy.