Sign in to follow this  
kinetic

Platform Pro - Carousel + NextGen Gallery - Disable Links on images

kinetic

I've got a NextGen gallery installed to my carousel on my home page. I'm finding it difficult to disable the hyperlink on the thumbnails within the carousel. I just want the thumbnails to be static/rotate without any functionality when clicking on them. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Jenny
I've looked through all of the carousel options as well as the nextgen options and I don't see a way to disable hyperlinks. The only way I can think of is to edit files, which is always a big no no. Hopefully someone else has a better idea! What is the link to your site?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kinetic
www.compfix.ie Carousel is near the footer, I want to disable the links on the images.

Jenny
Are you sure you have nextgen gallery selected as the feed for your images? It seems like it's using post thumbnails or something else. Also, instead of using a carousel, you could use the boxes or soapboxes for that section and just leave the URL field blank.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

pmurphy
Hey, I figured this out. 1. Go into your NextGen settings and set the "Effects" under "Options" to "None". 2. Edit the gallery-plcarousel.php page as follows: [code] hidden ) { ?> <?php echo $image->alttext ?> [/code] Basically, you're just commenting out the hyperlink. You'll need to update this each time there is a theme update so it's not ideal but it works.

Rob
@pmurphy, Thanks for your input!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur