Sign in to follow this  
aladd1n

How to Display Subnav When Using WP Menus

aladd1n

Hello, I am trying to finalize the navigation structure for my website. With the amount of links I have, I need to use WP Menus via Dashboard > Appearance > Menu. Now my main navigation is dispalying properly but the sub-navigation is not displaying, I want it to show under the main nav. Prior to building these menus in WP Menus I checked "Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav?" via Platform Pro > Header & Nav > Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav? and it worked. The sub nav items would display in a horizontal row below the main navigation. How do I get it back while still using the menus I made in WP Menus? Thanks

Rob
May we have a link to your site? The two should work together. On the Headers And Nav settings, did you select a Secondary Nav?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

aladd1n
Yes, I selected "Main Navigation" which is the only menu I created in WP Menu. Link to site: www.mbhomes2.com

Jenny
If you've created the menus how you want them in the Appearance menu then you shouldn't need to use child pages for secondary nav. You will, however, need to check the box to enable dropdown navigation (found in the same section).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

aladd1n
Thanks for the replies. It turned out that "Hide Secondary Nav" was checked on the pages I wanted the sub nav to display.