Sign in to follow this  
tsalstrand

Page That Directs to Blog Posts

tsalstrand

website: http://www.receivingaheartbeat.com I've setup my site to have a static page that redirects to a page called "home" so that blog posts don't show on the home page. (Thanks *kastelic* for that awesome help). Now I have created a page titled "BLOG" and I have included it in the main navigation menu. But how do I set it up so that when someone clicks on "BLOG" it will take them to all my posts? Right now it just directs them to an empty page and I can't figure it out :-| Mega thanks!

Rob
Hi, why do you need to "have a static page that redirects to a page called 'home'"? If you create a homepage, WordPress by default will not place posts on it IF you add some content to the page. You need only go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and under Static pages, make the 'home' page your front page. No redirect needed. I mention this because search engines don't like sites that start off with a redirect. As for the empty blog page... Do you have any posts? Or, just pages? Pages will not show on a blog page - only posts. If you don't have any posts, try creating a test post, including a test feature image and see if it appears on the blog page. Also, make sure that the blog page is also listed in Dashboard > Settings > Reading under the static pages (should be the 2nd drop down item).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tsalstrand
I actually had the first part without a redirect originally, but I didn't have the reading settings (2nd menu) setup. Thanks!

Rob
Glad that helped.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur