Sign in to follow this  
teeskie

HTML Section

teeskie

Hey I want to set up a custom html section below the feature post and above the content. Basically I want the Feature Page Template Sections to go: Pagelines Features Custom HTML Section Content I cant figure out the easiest way to do this. Is it creating a widget area, where I can add a text/html widget? Is there a way to create custom sections, so I can just drag an html section onto the page templates that use it? Or is there a simpler way Im just not seeing. Thanks!

Rob
You have several ways to go based on the nature of the HTML you plan to use. One simple way would be to use the Content Sidebar available through Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and then, from the drop down menu, select Page Content Area. Slide over the Content Sidebar. Simply add content to that sidebar with a text widget containing your HTML. Another way would be to custom code the template.postloop.php found at wp-content/themes/platformpro. You copy it to your local computer, make your changes then upload the edited version to wp-content/themes/platformbase. That could work. Depending on where you want this HTML, you may need to use template.content.php. Alternatively, a section could be created, almost the same way, but grabbing the appropriate section file from wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections and uploading to wp-content/themes/platformbase. I'm unsure if you have to register the section in functions.php also located in wp-content/themes/platformbase. Theres's some good info here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/sections-templates

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

teeskie
Perfect! Full width Sidebar Widget did the trick! Just didn't realize I could add it there Thanks for your quick response!

Rob
No problem!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur