Sign in to follow this  
anlinares

Nav Bar Alignment on Page

anlinares

www.philfor4.com/home My nav placement is a little different on my home page than all of the other pages. You notice the little bump in the bar when navigating to or from the home page from any of the other pages. The only thing different in layout is on the homepage I have the primary sidebar hidden and secondary sidebar showing. On all of the other pages I have the primary sidebar active and the second sidebar hidden. Could this be causing alignment issues? Wouldn't think so but don't know what else would....

Rob
This may be a result of the z-index for the homepage menu or sidebar. It may be necessary to set a z-index for each menu element in your CSS to ensure they're always the same distance from the top. Also, I note that you did fix the issue of the background remaining blue for the active status. Hope my other suggestion helped with that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

anlinares
Okay, I gave the primary-nav a z-index of 10 and the menu items a z-index of 11-17 but not helping. And YES! You are always a big help! WP gives the current page element it's own class so I was just able to target that once and it works on all pages. Thanks for leading me in the right direction... as always!

Rob
I'm going to forward this to Catrina who's more experienced with CSS than I am. She might have some ideas.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina
Here is CSS you can add for bumping the navigation down 5 pixels in the home page (so that it matches the position of the navigation in your other pages): [code]body.page-id-16 #primary-nav {margin-top: 5px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

anlinares
Thanks, Catrina! Changed to 6 and it worked perfectly! Haven't checked across browsers yet but I think we're all good. Thanks for your help!