Sign in to follow this  
adivisridhar

how do i go about it

adivisridhar

hi everyone,iv'e decided to get myself a website and so i went and registered my domain name.Next i bought the pagelines 95$ thing,to build one.Now all this stuff is pretty much greek and latin to me.I've decided to get my site hosted at godaddy,so do i need to purchase space from them first,before i can use platform pro?once i've hosted my domain at godaddy,would i be able to use pagelines on that?As i've said before,i 'm a complete novice,so i would truly appreciate any kinda help,fellas.cheers!

Rob
First, godaddy hosting, while excellent, has some limits. There are other hosting companies out there without as many limitations. Try to get an inexpensive VPS hosting package with root access. As @profoundtigger said, you need WordPress obtained from http://www.wordpress.org The installation of WordPress is not terribly complicated. The installation will need you to be able to change permissions (google CHMOD) of certain files, and to create and upload some files. So you may need to take some time to research FTP (File Transfer Protocol), WordPress installation and .htaccess file creation. Once you have WordPress installed, you upload (via FTP) the platformpro and platformbase folders to yourwebsite.com/wp-content/themes/ (wp-content/themes is a folder created by WordPress). We should revisit this once you've reached that point. The team here is always available to assist.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

adivisridhar
i have my site ready on wordpress,however when i go to appearance on the dashboard-themes-install themes,upload- and click on the platformbase in my download folder to be uploaded,the install bar just goes blank.Am i doing something wrong?

profoundtigger
you have to install platformpro first before you install platformbase. After that is done activitate platformbase and start customizing

adivisridhar
profound tigger,thank you .I've tried to do it the way you told me,but it's the same thing happenin again.My hosting company says i gotta wait maybe 24 to 48 hrs before the FTP thing is activated.could i alternately upload through ftp? could you please guide me.Like i said,i'm not a techie and in this instance,im all at sea. cheers!

catrina
You'll need an FTP program to install the theme. Do you have one right now? If not, you'll need to download it. There are free versions available for Mac and PC (Cyberduck for Mac and SmartFTP or FileZilla for PC). Once you install an FTP program, you can install the theme following the steps Robert (rangelone) posted above. You cannot simply upload the theme via Appearance > Themes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

adivisridhar
IVE DOWNLOADED FILEZILLA.COULD YOU PLEASE INSTRUCT ME ,IF POSSIBLE,ON A STEP BY BASIS,HOW TO UPLOAD PLATFORM PRO AND PLATFORM BASE TO MY SITE?THANK YOU.