Sign in to follow this  
hannah

Display only thumnail in category results.

hannah

Hi, I want to display only thumbnails in a category list. So when a user clicks 'collections' they see all featured thumbnails from posts in that category. Then the user can click on the image to go to an individual post. I also want the title of each post to be displayed below the featured image. Any help would be great. I'm using PlatformPro Thanks

catrina
You can CSS to hide the content in the category list other than the thumbnails. Can you post a link?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hannah
Thanks for getting back to me, Yeah I've managed to get rid of the content, but I need to have three featured images in each row. here's the link: http://harmonydiamonds.ie , I have added you as a test user. uname: test pword: test123

catrina
The easiest way I can think of for adding 3 images in a row is by using Soapboxes, which can have images along with a text links belong them. That would mean creating the box sets (one set for each type of ring collection) and adding them to two pages which can be linked in the navigation menu.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

hannah
Yeah I was thinking that too. I just don;t know if that will be very easy for my client to update. Thanks, I think I'll try find an alternative and keep this as an alternative(just in case)

catrina
Sounds good. I think it'd be easy to update since boxes are created the same way posts are created.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

hannah
Yeah the only thing is I need them to link to a full post. I'm going to use the magazine mode for post display and try change the
, not sure where to do that though. At the moment they are 40x40, which is too small.

hannah
Actually, just saw this site in the showcase, http://elektronboy.com/ on their homepage they have a set up very similar to what I need. Do you know how that is done? Are they boxes? or just re-jigged posts? Thanks again.