Sign in to follow this  
suerama

Feature slider background

suerama

I have been trying to change the black background of the feature slider that flashes as it loads on my homepage at www.riverofgraceyoga.com. I found the same question answered on Oct. 28 by Catrina Dulay: "Please try adding the following CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS: #feature-area {background: #fff;}" I tried that but that didn't help. I tried substituting my content area background color for #fff, and that didn't do it either. Anyone have another idea?

Gavin_
try [code]#feature { background: #fff; }[/code]

Rob
Suerama, Are you referring to a background behind the feature slider OR, do you mean the overlay that appears on the slider, containing the text?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama
Here I am referring to the background behind the feature slider. It flashes on before the first slide loads, or so it appears. (I'm clicking reject to indicate that the question is as yet unresolved, is that correct?)

Rob
Not necessary to reject. We rarely close topics and if you reply again, it remains open. I looked at your site in IE9 and Firefox and didn't see any flash of black background. It loaded promptly. Which browser are you using? This could be a browser specific condition and even a computer specific problem. It's possible your computer might not have enough RAM available to load the page fully as quick as other machines, thus slowing it just enough to let you see the background color. By the way, if you look in Design Control, you would likely find that black background as one of the background settings. You can change it there, most likely.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama
I have 8 GB Ram, and l see the black background to the header as the page loads in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. The only dark colors I have spec'd in the Design Control area are for text.

Danny
Are you referring to the black screen upon page load, there is a slight flash on the feature slider and the area is black ? I think it may be this, change this to whatever you like and let us know if this resolves the issue: [code] #feature-area .fcontainer { background: black url(../images/feature-area-bg.png) repeat-x left bottom; } [/code] You could try this, to see, it would make it bright red. [code] #feature-area .fcontainer { background: #FF0000; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

suerama
I resolved this a while ago. Sorry for the delay. I can't recall though how I did it, and am now having the same problem in pagelines. I will create another thread for that.