Sign in to follow this  
suerama

Cannot save "Hide MoreFoot Sidebars"

suerama

I'm exploring placing the morefoot sidebars. I've unchecked "Hide MoreFoot Sidebars" over and over again in either the Footer, Template area or Morefoot sections in the Section Control area of different Pages. I'm trying to understand what areas these control. However, no matter what the page, or what the section, as soon as I click UPDATE the "HIde MoreFoot. . . " box becomes checked again. I am able to uncheck other boxes in the Section control area. Just not the MoreFoot. The site is riverofgraceyoga.com

Rob
In Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup, under Morefoot, do you have the Morefoot Sidebars (3-column) present? If not, slide it over. If it's there, most likely this is a plugin conflict. I'd suggest deactivating plugins in that case, then testing with a hard refresh (Shift F5 on a Wndows based machine).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama
Yes, I have the Morefoot Sidebars (3-Col) present. It could be a plug in conflict, I won't say that's not possible, but I seem to be coming up with a repetitive problem, and I'm wondering if it isn't perhaps a limitation of the theme. I tried to work around the morefoot problem by placing 3 rows of Boxes in my footer. That was working like a charm EXCEPT when I worked with a page with boxes in the template area. First, if one set of boxes was displayed in the content area, I could find no way to choose a different set of boxes for use in the same page and footer. I was okay with that limitation. I figured I would simply limit myself to footer boxes on pages without other boxes. But then I found that I could not choose to hide boxes in the template area and not hide them in the footer area. I could update the page so that both sets of boxes were hidden OR none of the two box areas were hidden. But it seems that it is impossible to choose to hide boxes selectively if two areas on that page are able to display them. I suspect this might indeed be similar to the problem that I was up against with the morefoot earlier. Is that in fact true, do you know???? That is my question. Is that indeed a limitation of the theme? If so, is there a code work around perhaps to stipulate, for example, that the footer boxes don't appear on my "locations" page. If I had that code, precisely, I could work around this problem I believe.

catrina
I believe it is a limitation, but if you want to hide a Box set on a certain page in a certain area, that can be accomplished using CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama
Could you kindly give me a line of code to get rid of boxes in the footer on the locations page? I am not yet much of a coder.

Kate
Sure... but, first: you need to fix a line that's higher up. You'll need to add an end bracket to this line: [code] #banners div.banner-area { padding: 0px;} [/code] Then, you can add this line at the bottom: [code].page-id-1488 #footer #boxes{display:none;}[/code]

suerama
Thanks, Kate. I added the bracket to the line above the one you indicated, a similar line that WAS missing the end bracket. Resolving this boxes issue is thrilling to me! I'm so grateful! Just in time for Thanksgiving :).