Sign in to follow this  
alejandro_lopez

platform pro doesn't run with spanish translation of wp

alejandro_lopez

after activate the theme i get only blank pages, with wp 3.2 it works perfect with the english version, i have tried with older versions of wp, and i got the same problem somebody an idea?

Simon
Where are you putting the language file?

alejandro_lopez
i don't put some language file, i install the theme on wp with spanish translation working perfectly with another themes. if i install the theme on a clean english wp-version it works, if i put later the spanish translation (es_ES.mo) of wp in wp-content/languages, platform theme don't work, i get blank pages, for the admin as well.

alejandro_lopez
hi pross, i sow in the language folder of the theme are german language files, i have changed the name for testing as es_ES and i got a normal front view but not a backend, i get allways blank pages...

alejandro_lopez
i did a few tests, i have installed the german language for wp, and platform works correctly, but de_DE.mo, and .po are in the language folder of the downloaded platform pro template, i have created the .mo and .po files for spanish, with poedit, from de_DE ... but the same... the admin goes a blank page...if the wp language is spanish

Kate
Hi Alejandro, You should be able to follow up here...

alejandro_lopez
ok...thank you, kate.. i wait for a comment from support about my trouble...

Simon
Ok can you supply a link to your translated platformpro.pot, the mo you created and the wordpress translation file too, and i will test.

alejandro_lopez
i work local, i can't supply a link, i don't have translated platformpro.pot. in the language directory of platformpro theme are de_DE.mo, de_DE.po, platform.mo, platform.po and xx_XX.pot my first test was installing the theme, without any changes on spanish wordpress... and got blank pages 2. test- english original wordpress... all ok 3. test - spanish wp - creating es_ES.mo, .po (from de_DE... without really translation, only save with the names) and front end was fine, but admin... blank 3. test - german translation of wordpress (because the language files are there) - every thing ok i think the easiest test you can do, is activating the spanish translation of wordpress, i can send you the sp. lang .mo file.

alejandro_lopez
hi pross... any news? my client is waiting for a solution... itsn't

Simon
You cant just rename the translation files, they have the codes inside them too, gettext will detect it isnt the right file and simply not use it. Use this site http://translate.umpirsky.com/ to translate the blank file into your lang, then load it into poedit and save again so you end up with a po and mo file.