Sign in to follow this  
jonnomas

Putting an image banner with a logo on top across the top of the page?

jonnomas

If anyone could help me out on this, I'm sure it must be possible but I am new to the platform and none of my efforts so far have worked. I want to add a header image across the top of my web page. And I want to put a clickable logo on top of this header image on the left hand side. And I want a main nav bar underneath the header image. This is such a standard web page layout but I can't find any way to do it easily? If I change the header image on all pages to be an image with correct dimensions for the fixed width page then the left hand alignment is too far right (by about 10-20 pixels). It is also not then possible to have a clickable logo as you have to incorporate the logo into the banner. If I remove the header image completely and try to replace it with other banner image options these don't give me what I want either. What I think I want is an option under the Global Options menu under the logo upload function to upload a full-width background banner image which displays underneath the logo. Is there a way to do this? Many thanks.

kastelic
You can add a background image to your header with CSS. Here is an example, it will have to be adjusted for your own image URL and header div: It goes in Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code] #branding { background: url(YOURIMAGEURL) no-repeat 0 0; } [/code] If you have trouble with what id to use, get Google Chrome which has a web inspector which allows you to view the source of elements on the page.

jonnomas
Many thanks kastelic - much appreciated. I did actually get somewhere by using a PageLines Banner in the header. The only thing I haven't got is a clickable logo. You can see what I've done at http://www.aventis-wind.com. Thanks again.

Rob
Jonnomas, I'm a little lost. When you were in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Global Options, did you use an image there? Was it a transparent background one (.png or .gif format)? Check the image at http://www.epicurus.com In Design Control, did you add a background image (sky) set as you wish it (no repeat, for example) and positioned where you want it to appear?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur