Sign in to follow this  
kevinobrien

Poll stuck in the footer of blog page

kevinobrien

Hi, Apologies in advance as I realise this is more of a plugin issue rather than anything intrinsic to PL, but I hoped someone here might be able to throw a quick answer my way... We have an issue with our main blog page, url below, where a poll (entitled 'Who is your favorite Halloween character?'), created with the Polldaddy plugin, is showing in the footer. http://www.wolfhirschhorn.org/our-stories/ I can't see any reference to the poll in the html of the page or footer or anything indicative in the config of the plugin. Any advice, other than deactivating the plugin, would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ross (on behalf of Kevin)

Rob
Ross, It looks as if PollDaddy is having a conflict, most likely with the floating social media plugin. I say this because it's in the same column, outside the content area. If it were actually in the footer, it would be within the confines of the content margins. I'd suggest deactivating PollDaddy plugin by going to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins. You must be logged in as Administrator. When you find PollDaddy, you'll see an option to deactivate it. Do that, then refresh another browser window showing that URL (the link in your message above). If necessary, do a hard refresh (on a Windows machine - hold down Shift and press F5). If the PollDaddy poll is gone, then you know it was a plugin. Go back to Installed Plugins and deactivate that sliding social media plugin and reactivate the PollDaddy plugin. This will identify if that social media plugin is the cause of the conflict. Test your page again. Ultimately, it's your call which you feel is more important, but essentially, one of them will likely need to be replaced. I use WP-Polls, just in case you need to replace PollDaddy.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kevinobrien
Thanks Rangelone, but it seems it wasn't a plugin conflict for once. After a bit of Googling Kevin found the answer on the Polldaddy FAQ: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/polldaddy/faq/ Q: Why is a poll loading in the footer of my main page? A: Your theme is getting the post content, without necessarily showing it. If the post has a poll, the poll javascript is loaded in the footer. To fix this, you need to enable the 'Load Shortcodes Inline' setting in the Polls & Ratings settings. This will load the poll shortcode inline and will only load the poll if the content of the post is actually displayed. Cheers, Ross