Sign in to follow this  
kellid

How to align a banner and box to sit next to each other?

kellid

Hi all, My client has now asked to stagger certain elements on the homepage like a newspaper. If they only new how much time and effort went into setting up the initial page (hooks, loops, etc.) ...whatever they want right?! My question is this, how do I set two different features next to each other? For example, a banner and a soapbox...I have firebug and I've been able to adjust the width of the banner and soapbox but I can't get them to sit next to each other. I'm sure this is a simple fix but I can't figure out how to make it happen. Also, my site is hidden or I would post a link but I'd be happy to give the info to whomever can help!!! help! Kelli

Rob
Kelli, Unfortunately, you can't put boxes next to anything, nor place banners in line with them. There's no simple fix for this. Banners too are by nature, full width creatures. You can however, use a plugin called Boxes to replace our own boxes with a set that fit within the content area. I suppose 3 boxes could be created and one laid out to feature something different than the other two.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kellid
Hey there, Gotcha, I'll check it out. Thanks so much for the info rangelone!!! K