Sign in to follow this  
stjohn

magazine style blog widget

stjohn

Is it possible to draw a specified number of blog posts off my blog page into a content section of my home page, and to have them presented in exactly the same magazine style as the blog page. At the moment I'm using a query post plug in placed within the content side bar which does not hold the style of the magazine blog style. Apologies if I'm using the wrong words.

catrina
Which query post plugin are you using? It's possible to create a regular page and add posts to it using a shortcode and that regular page can be as a static home page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stjohn
I'm using this query post plug in: http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/03/15/query-posts-widget-wordpress-plugin how would that be done and would that mean having to dual post on my ho,e page and blog page? :0-)

catrina
Ah, that's right. What's the difference between posts that you want to display on your home page and the ones you want to display on your blog page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stjohn
there wouldnt be any, hence not wanting to have to post the same thing in two places

Rob
Try http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stjohn
That's a great plug in and look's nice but doesn't seem to render the posts in the sidebar in the magazine layout. Is it possible to add a piece of code or something to replicate the magazine style lay out? If not I can live with it! :-)

kastelic
The alternative would be to copy template.postloop.php over to your child theme and copy the loop with all styles included to another location in that file, and place it on the homepage with a wordpress conditional, but it takes fair knowledge of PHP to do this.