Sign in to follow this  
mikeclouse

Feature sliders have bugs...

mikeclouse

every time I try to make a new feature slider set or add a feature to an existing set, all but 2 features get dropped from page and I have to try and get them back by making completely new feature post...and hoping it works. How can I make this work? Love the features but this is killing me... (they are still in my admin area and show correct category, they just don't show up on page)

mikeclouse
wordpress 3.2.1 pro 1.5.3 base 1.4.1

catrina
Have you already tried deactivating your plugins one by one to see if any of them could be cause?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Do you, by any chance, have a plugin called Meteor Slides?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mikeclouse
I have very few plugins, but if you think its worth a try...?

mikeclouse
No, i have nextGen gallery, smart youtube and seo by youst...and jetpack.

mikeclouse
still doesn't work. if i try adding a new feature it will maybe do one, then when I add another it will randomly remove others? It looks like others have had this same problem before? what should i do?

mikeclouse
it only takes the top two feature posts from the chosen feature set...? Im using the feature section as part of my header in the template set up area if that helps. It goes site branding then navigation and then pagelines features.

mikeclouse
ok, so it's when I start to add text and links to overlay that the issue starts. If I just use "full width image" with no text, my feature categories show complete..? how ti fix?

Jenny
In PlatformPro -> Feature Settings -> Number of Features, do you have the default number set high enough to show them all? Also, on the page itself, make sure you have the default number of features set high enough as well.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mikeclouse
I set them higher than I need and still have the problem.

Rob
Mike, I just had another client with the same problem. It turned out the images on his slider were of different sizes and he expected the slider would resize to fit. It doesn't. Can you check to make sure that each slide's size matches the actual slider width and height? Also make sure they're either .gif, .jpg or .png files. Lastly, make sure none of them are very large files. Anything over 60k is probably going to tax your browser and that of others which might limit you. Let me know if this is the problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

landongw
I have this same problem. I even copied one of the images that is supplied with the slider, and then tried to reupload it and it still does not show.

Danny
@mikeclouse @landongw Would it be possible for you to link your websites please.

Please search our forums, before posting!