Sign in to follow this  
lissie

Can I add a print friendly button to the front page

lissie

I am using WhiteHousePro and my client wants a print friendly version of the front page. I have found various plugins that do the job for posts/pages - but the icon refuses to show on the front page - I am currently using PrintFriendly but PrintWhatYouLike had the same issue. Anyone found a way to print the front page in a tidy manner - its well broken in firefox and IE at the moment. The site I am using it for is tslope.com

bryan-hadaway

From your WordPress Admin, navigate to: Settings > PrintFriendly and make sure this box: Show buttons only on individual posts and pages (not on frontpage/listings) isn't checked and save. Alternatively, you could go here: http://www.printfriendly.com/button Choose website, and manually copy and paste that code into your sidebar: Appearance > Editor > Sidebar (sidebar.php) Thanks, Bryan

lissie

I'm dumping printfriendly -they are running Adsense on the pdf screens which inappropriate for a client site. Any other plugins that might do the job - and/or people have got working with whitehousepro?

bryan-hadaway

I use AddThis ( http://www.addthis.com/ ), which is great. It adds sharing, bookmarking, email to friend, print etc. wherever you want it. I don't personally know of any great print plugins, but if you find one you like, my advice still applies, there will always be a manual way to implement it wherever you like. Thanks, Bryan