Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

I would like to add another blog to my site and need coaching

camatteo

wccaucus.org/cloeli/ Here we have one blog that is maintained by an editor (I'm admin). We would like to add at least two more blogs, which possibly could be managed by that same editor or by adding one or more, and having those updates to their respective pages within our design. This site is enabled for multisite, but I am a bit lost there. This exchange may require a few rounds of back-and-forth. I hope one of you is willing to see this through with me, as it would be valuable to our group and a huge breakthrough in what we can provide our membership. I work well with step-by-step instructions; I'm new to the jargon and with distractions at work, I sometimes get lost. Don't assume I know what I'm talking about, even if it looks like I've solved a lot of design problems so far!

catrina
Have you already seen this documentation?: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network. Also, are you using PlatformBase?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

camatteo
Hello Catrina Cat Lady, I enjoy working with you! Yes, I have I believe I am at Step 4, but to be honest, I find all of it quite overwhelming. It seems to be written in a way that explains how it used to be -- but that does not apply to me since I'm newbie (although I admit that it says I shall be doing "advanced administration of the network" makes me feel smarter!). If I have enabled Multisite (Step 3), and I have one root site, where do I take it from there? I shall step away from the computer for a few hours, if you please -- I am picking up one of our kitties from the hospital. He heroically survived a horrible surgery yesterday! I look forward to working together again. I shall "accept" in anticipation of Thanking You!