Sign in to follow this  
LukeB

Shadowbox loading last

LukeB

Im currrntly using shadowbox JS to allow my Norman youtube plugin to work with shadowbox enabled. However it seems to be the last thing that is loaded on my site, and if you click the videos before everythings loaded it will take you to the youtube page instead of loading the video within shadowbox. My sites http://www.danceyrselfclean.com/ and the Norman youtube plugin is the featured videos section on the left. Any clue as to what i could do to prevent this happening.

catrina
When I click on the video, the video plays in the shadowbox rather than taking me to the YouTube page (on Firefox). Which browser are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

LukeB
Yeah it also works for me in firefox but only after the rest of the site elements have finished loading. For example on a slow computer the dynamic content gallery which is the featured content slider at the top will take a while to load, and if you click the videos before that has finished loading it will take you straight to the youtube page. This shouldnt be a huge problem when your internet is fast and the site has been cached, however i have tested it on my network when its laggy and it can take 4 or 5 seconds to fully load meaning the shadowbox wont work as intended. I also noticed that with adblock enabled it wont work regardless.

catrina
If it's laggy, you might want to look into this: http://www.jvfconsulting.com/blog/114/Shadowboxjs_iFrame_Loads_Too_Slowly_How_To_Speed_Up_Shadowboxjs.html. Also, I don't think anything can be done with AdBlock since that's controlled by the website visitor is using it (from my knowledge there is no workaround for it).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse