Sign in to follow this  
suerama

problem changinge banner padding

suerama

I am trying to change padding around the banner in Platform Pro. I've been tracking css code in firebug. First I added this css to the custom css box:

#banners .content-pad {
	    padding: 0 0; 
That code did eliminate just a bit of the padding sucessfully. Then in firebug I went to
Although doing that I saw a little gray universal "null" symbol appear, and down below in the style area the padding: 0; was crossed out, yet the padding did disappear in my firebug related page, exactly as I wanted. So I put a number of variations of:
.banner_container .banner-area {
	    padding: 0;
	}

in my custom css box, and nothing has worked. The page is live here: http://riverofgraceyoga.com/classes/ Thanks for your continued support!

and in firebug changed the style code to .banner_container .banner-area { padding: 0;

catrina
I don't think it's a padding issue (it is the way the layout is structured). You'll need to add a banner image that is slightly wider so that it can fill in the extra padding on both sides.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama
Do you mean a taller image? Because I'm trying to take out the space above and below the image.

Rob
I don't think you'd have that problem if you used a static feature slider rather than a banner. Keep in mind, banners are really intended for sending a message, with text, so there's inherent padding. If you used a feature slider set with only on slide, you can achieve the same effect with full width and little or no padding above or below.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Suerama, I notice on that page you have a table but the image left is aligned to the top where the text in subsequent columns is aligned lower. I looked at the source code and it appears you are using traditional table formatting. It doesn't work particularly well in Wordpress. However, there is a relatively easy way to handle it. You edit the table in a text editor, including specific style tags within the table tags. For example, on my site, I used a text editor to go from to . Not being a CSS wiz as many of my great colleagues here at PageLines are, I used information gleaned from http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_table.asp and was able to do it in minutes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama
Wow, thanks for taking the time to point this out to me! I actually copied this schedule from a client's previous site and meant to return to it to edit it, so it's great to get advice on how it can be done! I never have worked with tables!!