Sign in to follow this  
jmeraz

My Site Disappeared...Did I Do Something Wrong?

jmeraz

Dear staff, I was working on my site recently (installing some plugins), when all of the sudden the site disappeared. This had happened once before. When I contacted my hosting company they said the following: "Thank you for contacting us. I fixed so the website loads. I changed the theme back to twentyeleven to get it to work. That means the platformpro theme that was selected is either corrupted or not compatible with the current Wordpress version." I am using WordPress 3.2.1. Do you have any suggestions? Do you think I did something wrong while installing it? I actually love platformpro. Thanks for your help!

Simon
Did you edit any files in the platformpro folder? or the platformbase folder?

jmeraz
Hi Simon, I don't think so. Not that I know of. All I did was install a plugin (fast secure contact form). After that, it disappeared. Should I install platformpro and platformbase again? What do you think?

Danny
Hi Jmeraz, So you had no other plugins installed, then you install Fast secure contact form and then it disappeared ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmeraz
You are correct. It's funny though. After the hosting company changed the theme to twentyeleven, the site started working fine again. Then I installed platformpro (developers edition) and the paltformbase again and it started working normal. A couple of days later, I went to the site and it was gone again. That is what I don't understand. Any suggestions? Thanks

Danny
Do you have a link to your site and who is your host ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmeraz
Hi Danny, The link is http://www.MerazMarketing.com My host is hostmonster.com And by the way, I actually had installed other plugins before: All in One SEO Pack Dagon Design Sitemap Generator Fast Secure Contact Form Google Analytics for WordPress Google XML Sitemaps SEO Friendly Images WordPress SEO Pager WP DB Optimizer Thanks for your help.

_jan_
Plugin issue. Deleting the plugin via FTP or SSH and reverting to PlatformPro should resolve the problem for the time being.

jmeraz
Thanks, But how do I know which plug in was the one that caused the issue? And what If I still need to use this plug in for this site? Thanks

_jan_
It's usually the last plugin you tweaked before it all went snafu. Othewise, it's usually a one-by-one trial and error.