Sign in to follow this  
garyroskin

Platform Pro Feature Sliders not showing up on the Mac

garyroskin

I have a dozen images that are working beautifully on my PC, but only 2 of the dozen images show up on the Macbook. What did I do wrong? I've looked thru all of the settings and nothing seems to be different for the two images that I didn't do with the other 10 images. thanks!!

garyroskin
Thanks Catrina.... www.RoskinGemNewsReport.com

catrina
I am not seeing them on my MacBook either. Have you already tried deactivating your plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

garyroskin
No .... Oh ... Once I actually deactivated PlatformPro and then reactivated it to get things to work ... should I do that? I only have one plug-in ... MeteorSlides... the rest is PlatformPro since everyhthing else is a broken theme (that's teh other question.. :-) )

garyroskin
And since you're here, do I need to save all of my pages somewhere on my laptop? Are these things automatically saved with Go Daddy, or do I have to go into each page, and then copy and paste all of the text? (See, I really am new to this!) THANKS!! Gary

catrina
You can export the content of your pages using the "Export" tool under "Tools" on the left side of your Dashboard to keep a back up of your content (see more info on this tool here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Tools_Export_Screen).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

garyroskin
Ah - OK ... Great... Now, do I deactivate PlatformPro, and the reactivate it?

garyroskin
OK - will do .... back in a few.

garyroskin
Rats! Deactivated the plugin .... Tried the site on Firefox --- no good ... still only 2 slides .... Then deactivated PlatformPro, reactivated it, and that didn't work either ... still only 2 images. What else should I do?

catrina
Were there any changes to the files? Have you already tried viewing the site on other browsers on the Mac to see if it's only an issue with Firefox?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

garyroskin
No changes that I could see... and no ... still only 2 slides on FireFox and Mac

garyroskin
Safari for Mac? No... still only 2 of the 12 images show up ... haven't got Chrome ... and it still works perfect on my PC - all 12 images and the navigation images show up... So why only the last two images show on my Mac? These images were last to be loaded.

Rob
Gary, sorry to interrupt, but just a slight thought. Could you post a list of the actual filenames of the images that do not show up? Something tells me the problem isn't theme or plugin related, but may well be that the Mac doesn't recognize a format you may be using or isn't as tolerant as some Windows based browsers.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
One thing else I noticed, the background images that do load are actually larger than the feature slider canvas. If the images are too large, they simply won't render. They would break the slider, depending on the system, browser or any combination.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur