Sign in to follow this  
dainiswmichel

removing the grey border around a form submit button but not the text fields

dainiswmichel
http://screencast.com/t/X1tkSPCPqt7z how would i remove the border around the submit button but not the text fields? the form fields themselves are fine for now. i'm trying: '.centered-cell-submit { text-align: center !important; border: none !important; } .textcontent input, #sidebar {border:none;}' and a few other things... the image has a border of none too...

Gavin_
maybe try [code].centered-cell-submit {border-width: 0px !important;}[/code]

dainiswmichel
didn't woik! it's like there's all this added to the css: ' blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, #grandchildnav.widget, fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img { border-top-color: #DDDDDD; } dynami...1183351 (line 89) blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, #grandchildnav.widget, fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img { border-left-color: #DDDDDD; } dynami...1183351 (line 88) ul.sf-menu ul li, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, #grandchildnav.widget, .fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img, #carousel .content ul li a img, #carousel .content ul li a:hover img, #feature-footer { border-color: #E9E9E9; } dynami...1183351 (line 87) #feature-footer, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a, #wp-calendar caption, #buddypress-page #subnav, #buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner, #buddypress-page table.forum th, #grandchildnav.widget, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, #twitterbar, #carousel .content-pad, .success, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } dynami...1183351 (line 86) blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, #grandchildnav.widget { -moz-border-bottom-colors: none; -moz-border-image: none; -moz-border-left-colors: none; -moz-border-right-colors: none; -moz-border-top-colors: none; border-color: #DDDDDD #E9E9E9 #E9E9E9 #DDDDDD; border-right: 1px solid #E9E9E9; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; } style.css (line 189) #feature-footer, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a, #wp-calendar caption, #buddypress-page #subnav, #buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner, #buddypress-page table.forum th, #grandchildnav.widget, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, #twitterbar, #carousel .content-pad, .success, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td { background-color: #F7F7F7; } ' i don't have buddypress on this site

Rob
Unfortunately, all that is in your CSS somehow and it's controlling more than it should. Did you ever activate Buddypress on this site? You may need to check the database. If the site does show a former buddypress install and you're not using it, you may need to remove it at the database level with phpMyAdmin. I don't think the CSS would come from Platform's preparedness for a Buddypress installation. Meanwhile, the border is not actually being applied to the image, but to padding around the image. Is this form a plugin? If so, there may be CSS specific to the form in the plugin itself.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dainiswmichel
i installed wp via ssh and never installed or activated buddypress. dug in the db and there are 4 places in the db where buddypress is mentioned _transient_feed??¦ _transient_feed... _site_transient_wporg_theme_feature_list... _site_transient_poptags_40cd750bba9870f18a... it's an iContact form where i selected to copy the HTML, and i placed that code into the sidebar as a text widget. here is that code: '
First Name
Email
'

Rob
Can you try this? Edit the table above to: Try changing "white" to the color of your background, just in case, by hex (#ffffff for example).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dainiswmichel
tried, nope -- also tried without the solid white part.

Jenny
You need to edit the actual image. See your image at: http://www.taoofyouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/submit.jpg

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dainiswmichel
ahh, yes, the image was "submitted" to me by a graphic designer. thanks for catching that. even if i can't get rid of the grey border, if it's on the edges of the image itself without white, that's not gonna keep me from going live. working with some graphic designers really makes you "work" to implement their work online. LOL :-) thanks so much for seeing the trees from the forest on this one.

dainiswmichel
huh, actually, the submit button does not have a white border around it. i hadn't checked. i still don't know where this margin/padding is coming from. i'm goofing around with things right now, trying stuff like adding padding to see if it might not appear, etc. the form is here: http://sanmiguel.taoofyouth.com/ and it's an iContact form and they give it to you as a table, and yes i put a table over a div i just want to get this done. if there are form css styling experts on this forum, please get in touch.

dainiswmichel
i found the offending style: '#feature-footer, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a, #wp-calendar caption, #buddypress-page #subnav, #buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner, #buddypress-page table.forum th, #grandchildnav.widget, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, #twitterbar, #carousel .content-pad, .success, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td { background: none; }' i put in the background none to find it now...what to do?

dainiswmichel
also, it's in the css dynamically generated by platform, so i really don't know how to dig that out hmmm

dainiswmichel
i created a png button with 5px of transparent graphic padding around it to test more. i'd love it if you could provide me with a solution here, because if i say background: none; for all those style, then it might break something else, you know? how can i just remove the "backgrounded padding around this image?" it seems like platform is forcing backgrounds behind table cells. i just tried a pure css version and platform still applies 5px of white padding to the submit button.

dainiswmichel
here's the iContact form stripped of table tags: '

'

dainiswmichel
and here's the CSS i'm trying: ' .namepad { padding-top: 285px; margin: 0px; } .submitimage { margin: 0px; background-image: none; padding: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; } '

dainiswmichel
i'll have to share how i got this done later -- whoo.