Sign in to follow this  
remcobronsomanythoughtsnl

Upgrading from PlatformPro 1.x to 2.0

remcobronsomanythoughtsnl

I'm currently in the process of setting-up a new website and wanted to use PlatformPro 1. However, seeing that 2.0 is right around the corner it seems logical to wait...my client disagrees. My question is if I start development with 1.0 would upgrading to 2.0 be relatively painless or would I have to start from scratch again?

catrina
It depends on how "advanced" your site development gets. Your basic settings can be easily imported over, but since 2.0 is going to be different in a few ways, there are changes you won't be able to import. However, since the original settings are left alone, you can just switch between the themes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

admin_nd
I purchased 2.0 Pre-Order + PlatformPro. I tried to upload it to a test site (a subsite on my self-hosted WP). But, the installation failed saying that the destination file already exists. I uploaded it as a zipped file from within WP. What did I do wrong?

evert100
I bought platform pro in the spring of 2011. Can I upgrade to version 2.0 without costs?

evert100
Is it possible for developers like me to get an overview of the differences between version 1 and 2. Or can i just change the theme and change the css as i used to?

catrina
@admin_nd I think your issue calls for a new topic (to avoid confusion). @evert100 Do you have the PlatformPro Developer package with a Plus membership? Also, you will still be able to make adjustments to the theme.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse