Sign in to follow this  
suerama

parse error, cannot access site

suerama

Oh boy, fools rushed in. . . I tried to alter the php to add superscript code snippet from within the dashboard, admittedly without much idea of what I was doing and now I cannot access anything at all, not the site, not the admin. Yipes. Can't revert. It says: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/rivergr/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 105 I tried to eliminate all the code in the original dashboard window but that did not work. Can I fix by FTP? If so, please explain how, I would appreciate it enormously. Site is www.riverofgraceyoga.com. Can you help?

kastelic
Once you access your site via ftp, you can upload your original copy of platformbase/functions.php (rename the old one first if you want to save it.) overwriting the one with the error. Or if you change the name of the platformbase folder temporarily, your site will come back with the default theme. Google "how to ftp", its just a matter of installing a small free program, and you need your web address, and a user name and password. The FTP username and password must be obtained from your hosting provider.

suerama
Wonderful! Everything has been restored. Thanks so much!