Sign in to follow this  
perrknight

Social Tracking in Google Analytics

Rob
I am unsure how to properly reply to your technical question. We certainly support Google Analytics. Several plugins have been written with a number of variables in Social Tracking and using Google Analytics. Often, these plugins require the addition of code specifically to the Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code in the Headerscripts or Footerscripts code areas. This placement depends on the guidance of the plugin which may ask for all or part to be in the header or footer. Have you located a plugin yet to suit your needs?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

perrknight
Thanks for responding. I will do some more research with respect to enabling social tracking via the various Google Analytics plugins for Wordpress. The plugin that I currently use does not support social tracking, so hopefully I will find one that does.

Jenny
Google Analytics for Wordpress does that (by Yoast). There is an option to track campaign variables. It is recommended to use a # instead of a ? in the options. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

perrknight
Thanks, Jenny. That turns out to be a much better plugin than I was previously using.

SteinVox
Hi Jenna, If one uses the plugin recommended by Yoast, does one still need to put the Asynchronous code snippet in the "Footer Scripts & Analytics" and "Asynchronus Analytics" boxes on the <> Custom Code page of the Pagelines Settings?

Have a Great Day !

Cheers,

Andrew

Jenny
Hi Andrew! If you're using Google Analytics for Wordpress (by Yoast) and have set up tracking through the plugin, then no, you do not need the code in the Asynchronous Analytics section. Hope that helps!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.