Sign in to follow this  
jsstusontradingcom

I lost the drop shadow on the Feature page when I changed to a custom color - Eco Pro

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom

How do I bring back the drop shadow in the spotlight area? And please....type slowly, I'm still pretty new at this. :) Here is my site www.yardarmbeach.com Thanks!

kastelic    6
kastelic
Can you paste your custom CSS here? What customizations have you made and what files have you edited?

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom
Here is my custom CSS body #spotlight .effect, body #footer .effect, body #welcome {background: #003399;} As far as files being edited and customization, I don't really believe that I edited anything...as far as I know ;)

catrina    103
catrina
The shadow property isn't in the code you added so I think that is getting rid of the shadow. Try adding this to your Custtom CSS: [code]#spotlight .shadow-bottom { background: transparent url(../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png) repeat-x left bottom;[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom
So that it looks like this? body #spotlight .effect, body #footer .effect, body #welcome {background: #003399;}#spotlight .shadow-bottom { background: transparent url(../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png) rep If so...It didn't work.

Jenny    33
Jenny
Copy and paste catrina's code exactly and try that. if it doesn't work, you can always go back to your original code that you posted. What you posted directly above won't work. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom
That didn't seem to work because using just Catrina's code causes me to lose my custom color #003399 Is there a way that I can have my custom color and have the drop shadow within the spotlight edges?

Jenny    33
Jenny
Honestly I don't know, but to combine the code, use: [code]#spotlight .shadow-bottom { background: #003399 url(../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png) repeat-x left bottom; }[/code] If that doesn't work, replace it with this: [code]#spotlight .effect { background: #003399 url(../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png) repeat-x left bottom; }[/code] And make sure you're not leaving any of the old code in there as it can overwrite these changes. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom
Thanks for the assistance, but it still doesn't seem to help....unless because my blue color is a little on the dark side it doesn't appear to show the shadow.

jsstusontradingcom    0
jsstusontradingcom
Unfortunately I can't. That shade of blue is used heavily at the location for which the website is for. I wanted to carry it through. I guess that it's no biggie.

catrina    103
catrina
From a designer's point of view, I think the brand consistency is more important, so if you'd like to carry it through, I think it's a good idea.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse