Sign in to follow this  
bimijane

Told to upgrade PlatformPro from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9 - is this correct?

bimijane

Hi, My dashboard says I have to upgrade Platform Pro: "You have version 1.3.8 installed. Update to 1.3.9." I just purchased a few weeks ago and if the latest version is 1.5.3, how can I be upgrading to a lower version? Should I do this upgrade and if so, how? Can I simply check the Platform theme box in my wordpress updates and then click on Update Theme? OR Do I have to follow the FTP instructions that you have in the docs for upgrading PlatformPro? Many thanks, Jane

Rob
Jane, make sure in your Dashboard > Appearance > Themes that you have PlatformBase 1.4.1 activated and PlatformPro 1.5.3 present. If you have any other versions of Platform they should be removed. FTP into your site to wp-content/themes/ and make sure you ONLY have platformpro and platformbase and no other platform(named) folders.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bimijane
Hi Bob, In Wordpress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes I have: PlatformPro 1.5.3 activated and PlatformBase 1.4.1 present, the opposite of what you said. In my wp-content/themes/ I have platformpro, platformbase and platform (platform must be the free version I was using before I purchased platformpro). many thanks, jane

Rob
No prob. Just make sure 1.4.1 (platformbase) is activated. That's the child theme. If 1.5.3 is updated, it will override changes you make there.

bimijane
I activated platformbase 1.4.1. It still wants me to upgrade from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9. Should I do this?

bimijane
Hi Bob, I activated platformbase 1.4.1. Thanks! Please disregard that last message as I just realized that wordpress wants me to update PLATFORM - not PlatformPro. Platform 1.3.8 is the free version I used before I purchased PlatfromPro. Is there any reason why I can't delete the free version of Platform from my wordpress themes? Many thanks, Jane

Rob
You should remove the free version Jane. If I'm not mistaken, it should be in a different folder. Inside your wp-content/themes folder, the only PageLines products should be platformpro and platformbase