Sign in to follow this  
jwhittaker

Menu Display

jwhittaker

Hi I am new to Wordpress and Platform Pro.. Q1. I have updated my logo image with my web site... but the logo also shows up as part of my menu for web pages. Q2. I would also like to have a home button at the beginning of the menu's that looks like a house... Are these menus able to accommodate that? Here is what it looks like so far TheInfiniteVisionGroup.biz Thanks

Rob
A1. I am not quite sure how you did that, but I know there are people in the forums that would probably pay you to find out. Many have asked for that capability. Since I don't know how it happened, I have to ask a developer. I'll get back with a better answer shortly. A2. You need to do several things: a. find an image you like that is small (under 64px by 64px). b. Upload the image via Dashboard > Media > Add New c. Copy the URL d. Open a Notepad and type Change the [b]add url here[/b] to the image URL. Change the image size from 24 to the size you want. Please note there is padding in the navigation bar, so you will not get the image to the edge and space will be added around it. e. Copy the entire tag from < to >. f. Go to your menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. g. Go to the Home menu item and edit it (click in the menu list. In the Label field, replace the text with the tag. h. Save your menu. The image will be centered, padded and replace the text entirely. NOTE: this will also remove any drop arrow that appears if there is subnavigation set.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Back to A1. If you look in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup in the Site Header, you will see "BrandNav Section" as well as "Site Branding". Remove the "BrandNav Section" to the right by dragging it over. Save the settings. Then, view your site. The brand logo should be gone from the navigation bar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur