Sign in to follow this  
andre_marcal

andre_marcal

Hello Team Pagelines! I need a little help from you. I want to display posts from a specific category in the sidebar and for this I used the rss widget. I want to remove the rss logo and also remove the rss link that points to the home, or redirect this link to the category it. Is this the way or have otherwise? My site: http://projetoamar.blog.br/ Thank you very much

Rob
Since the content is coming from directly within your site, I'd suggest you get this plugin - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/ This gives you the ability to list posts from a specific category in the sidebar (Using a Widget). You simply have to select the category you want and the number of posts to display. It also can add the thumbnail, so the links look very nice. I don't think you need to use RSS at all to pull a list of posts in a category. There are many plugins that do that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

andre_marcal
Good evening Rangelone, Thanks for your reply and the tip. I found this plugin a bit complex, so I used another plugin: Category Posts Widget, which is much simpler. Your hint made ??‹??‹me use a plugin instead of RSS, so thank you for your help! Andr?© Marcal.

Rob
No problem. Glad it worked. Actually, the setup can be a bit complex for Special Recent Posts, but the results are great.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur