Sign in to follow this  
msaizan

Post Titles Overwriting Thumbnails

msaizan

Hey folks - I could really use some help here. Been up all night - no sleep - trying to get this problem fixed. I am on Platform Pro Base - working in blog/posts settings- set to magazine mode - new site. Decided I wanted to try and get the post titles underneath the post thumbs - full width post - not the post clips. Anyway, followed Adam's instructions here: http://adammunns.com/how-to-put-pagelines-post-thumbnails-on-top-of-titles/ copied the postloop template into base - made the changes there - nothing. wouldn't render. no change. so i changed the code back to what it was - removed the new code from css.styles and went back to look - and what I found was that the post titles were now overwriting the post thumb. I have tried everything known to mankind to fix - setting right and left margins to O in postloop template - tried writing the change in CSS in the code editor at pagelines settings.. i even deleted out my current copy of platform pro, uploaded a fresh copy - and sent a copy of the new, untouched postloop template back over to Base -the fresh upload of Platform Pro overwrote the changes i made to the size of postclips - but had no effect on the post thumbnail title problem... oh...here is a look at the problem at my website - but if you go anywhere on site - you'll see it's happening across the board... anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. http://neworleanscuisine.gulfcoastrising.com Ultimately - I really would like to get the post titles under the thumbs - that's what I am aiming for. But at the very least i need to get this problem with the titles overwriting the thumbs fixed. unfortunately i am on multi-site - so this problem is rendering across multiple sites. Please, please, help. Thanks - Margaret Saizan

msaizan
oh...here is a look at the problem at my website - but if you go anywhere on site - you'll see it's happening across the board... anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. http://neworleanscuisine.gulfcoastrising.com

Rob
I bumped this to a developer.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

msaizan
i have had a developer look into it - it's a div issue - However the developer didn't want to try - didn't want to touch the code. So anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. I think the problem is misappropriated code either in postloop template or css.styles in base- because i did a fresh install of the parent theme - and no cigar. didn't fix the problem. I didn't reinstall base because of course I will lose all of my customizations. Thanks so much - very grateful for the help. Margaret Saizan

msaizan
hmmm...i deleted out the copied postloop template from base - so it would have to be a problem in styles...i dunno. my eyes are glazing over now.

kastelic
I see that your div with class of "post-thumb" has an inline style of "margin-left: -183px" which is causing the overlap. You can override it with this: [code] .post-thumb { margin-left:10px !important; } [/code] As to why it is doing that I have no idea, its hard to find out the issue since your CSS is minified. Remember to turn of caching when making changes.

msaizan
kastelic should I stop using the minified feature in W3T Cache altogether? yes - when i made the change in Firebug - deleted the margin left - 183px and took it to zero - the thumbnails got corrected -but when i tried to apply the selector in the code editor inside pagelines - the change wouldn't render. let me turn off w3t cache - and try your line of code - and see if it will apply the style. thanks so much and i will get back to you. many, many thanks for helping me sort this out.

msaizan
I inserted the following in the CSS Styles form inside the custom code section of Pagelines settings (inside the dash) is that where it was supposed to go? or somewhere else? CODE BELOW THIS LINE body{ .post-thumb { margin-left:10px !important; } CODE ENDS HERE at any rate - it didn't work - the post titles are still overwriting the thumbnails. I have turned off Caching. any other suggestions?

msaizan
Hallefrickinleujah! i think i have resolved this issue. Here's what I did. I renamed the parent and child themes - oldplatformpro, oldplatformbase...then uploaded fresh installs of both - voila. the new installs overwrote the broken code - got my good code back...and my customizations were all there. Didn't lose any of that. It doesn't get any better than that! Anyway, if i knew how to mark this resolved, I would do it. Don't see a way to do that - so consider the issue of the post titles and thumbs resolved. Still need to get the post titles under the thumbs....but at least i don't have a div and broken code issue anymore . woot!

Danny
Great, glad you resolved your issue. Also, you really shouldn't use W3 Total cache or any caching plugin until all of your styling is complete.

Please search our forums, before posting!