Sign in to follow this  
myohanan

Duplicating More Footer Sidebar and Footer 5 Column Sidebar

myohanan

Hey, so Pagelines has been great so far. I am just having a little trouble duplicating the More Footer Sidebar and the Footer 5 Column Sidebar. I have already used hooks to create other new sidebars, including two new Full Width Sidebars and many normal sidebars (similar to the sample in Base - Sidebar Base). Has anyone duplicated the more detailed sidebars/widget sections? Could you provide instruction or a detailed mapping of this process? I understand that you need to register in the base Functions.php and then create a section.sb_yourname.php in the sidebar folder in Base, but I just can't figure out how to rework the naming structure of the More Footer (or Footer 5 Column) files I found in the Pro section > sidebar folder. Thanks for any help you can offer and let me know if I can clarify anything. Michael

Rob
Michael, there are some easy ways to do this. Adding the Full Width and Universal sidebars to the Footer Template is one critical key to adding two new footers. In the one where you want 5 columns, you can either add a plugin called "Boxer" or create tables to which you may add content. Boxer expands the Platform box capabilities. You can add shortcodes to the boxes.http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/ Tables need to be styled directly in the table itself. You can set one sidebar to have three columns, one as 5 as you wish. With Boxer or Tables, you can actually have any number of columns you want.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

myohanan
Hey, thanks. I was able to achieve a lot with Boxer. I thought reproducing the MoreFoot Sidebars (3 Column) would be easier. It's not that I want two new footers per say, but I want a similar 3 column section of widgets that I can drag and drop onto my page templates.

kastelic
Here is what I did to create a section with 3 columns of widgets inside: This is what would go in your section_template() function: [code]
[/code] You will just need to make the widht of each one third and float left with CSS.

zvelena
Hi Kastelic In which file would I have to add this code ? I'm trying to do the same thing. Thx