Sign in to follow this  
wonderpixel1964

Pages and menus

wonderpixel1964

Hi. I'm totally lost ... I activated PlatformPro. After reading documentation, I still could not find the way to : make 5 items for my menu (home, who, what, blog, contact) ... and ... to link each menu-name to a specific page-layout. And ..I don't understand how to put images (after loaded) into a header like in the example of PlatformPro itself. Pffff ... tough day .. I hope you can help. And sorry for my newbie talk in your eyes. :-)

Rob
Let's start slow then. First, menus are created in the Dashboard > Appearances > Menus area. At the top, you will see a tab with a " + " in it. Click that. Type the name for your primary menu. If you want, call it Primary. Click "Save Menu" (blue button). Scroll down a little and you will see a big editing box, and to the left of that, a box called "Custom Links". There you can type in or paste the full URL to a page, post, category, search result or anything you wish. Just add a label (the name you want it to show) which should be relatively short and simple. Remember, it's a label, not a novel. Click "Add to Menu". A box with that label appears in the edit box. Congrat's. You've added a menu item. That's a Parent level menu item. Now, let's say you want to add a page link as a child. Scroll down (presuming you have pages) to select a page. Just check the box next to the page title and add to menu. Now that appears under the first link in the edit box. But we want that page to be a Child Level to the Parent. So click your mouse over the Child level page link and drag it about 1/4 inch to the right. Let go of your mouse and you'll see it's now indented. Click "Save Menu". Go to the top of the menu area and you'll see "Theme Locations". For "Primary Website Navigation", select the name you gave the menu earlier. Click Save. Now, view your website. If you have selected the option to allow drop down navigation, the site should have your menu, and if you mouse over that Parent link, you should see a drop down. Images: Could you be more specific about which menu you're talking about and I'll happily help you with that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wonderpixel1964
Hi Rangelone ... thanks, many thanks. I want that picture on my homepage, just like the example of the "homepage "of Pageline with the three boxes and above that a picture on it ... . How to link a picture stored in the media library? And is it possible to place more pictures in a sort of slideshow? Thanks again for your help. Dimitri

Rob
Dimitri, I think you're talking about the "Feature Slider" which has the large, grey "PageLines" image. Below it are three boxes. And if I'm reading correctly, you want to add that large image to your site... or your own image? May I have a link to your site?

wonderpixel1964
My own image (don't know what the sizes are) and if possible several other pictures to get a slideshow.

Rob
On the Dashboard > Features, you should see all the Feature Slides that come with PlatformPro. Are you using a free version or a paid one? If you see them, you can "Edit" the slide by putting your cursor over the slide title then clicking "Edit" when it appears. When you have the edit panel open, you'll see that the slide has the image in the background section. If you have an image already loaded into the Media section, just get the URL for that image from there, and paste it into the background editing area for the feature slider. You may add as many feature sliders as you wish. There are five by default. You may edit each of them, or, create a new feature set. Make sure that in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Feature Setup the number of sliders you wish to display is correct. On your homepage (in edit mode), make sure you have a template (right side) selected that includes the Feature slider. The Feature Page definitely should have it.

Rob
The width of the slider is based on the Template Layout. The total width of your site is shown near the bottom. It may be 960 (default) or larger. The default height is 330px, but you can change this in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Feature Setup.

wonderpixel1964
The sizes for the slider I mean. :-)

wonderpixel1964
Thanks. You were faster than my questions. :-) Greetings from Belgium.

Rob
Glad that answered the question.

wonderpixel1964
Rangelone, for the record, I bought the theme and I'm working with a local host using Bitnami for the moment.