Sign in to follow this  
tufts_16

FOOTER logo to diff link

tufts_16

Hi, http://sites.tufts.edu/techconnect/ I've tried the jQuery footer script. Did not work. I tried taking the "section.footer_nav.php" out of base and putting in the sections folder of custom child theme after updating the following code: Did not work. function section_template() { ?>

<?php if(pagelines_option('footer_logo') && VPRO):?> <?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php else:?>

<?php bloginfo('name');?>

<?php endif;?>
Can someone please help me make my footer logo go to a different URL? Thank you so much. I've tried several things and nothing seems to work and I've read through all the support questions that were similar, and tried them and they have not worked. Thanks, Cole

Kate
Hi Cole, For the first one, did you use the actual URL you wanted, not just "yoursite.com"? In addition, in this post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14920/footer-logo-link/p1, it appears a JS error elsewhere on the page was preventing the code to work. For the second one: obvious question, but: was Base activated?

tufts_16
Hi, I did not use "yoursite" I used our university website. platformBase has been activated. We are on WP multisite, and I created this child theme from platform base. I would hope I could use a js/query solution and just paste in the footer custom code, but if I have to go in and deal with php, I want to know that I'm doing the *correct* thing by taking section.footer_nav.php file and placing inside my section folder in my child theme. However, if I am to update the section.footer_nav.php in the *base,* wouldn't that mess up every child theme I create for the university (i.e., that would be fine to have the university logo in the footer always going to the university homepage, but sometimes that is not going to be the right thing.) I would love to be able to change the URL of the logo in the footer in any child theme somewhere in the WP interface, but I guess that might come with a pagelines update someday? Anyway, let me know if you have any ideas how to change this logo/link issue. Thanks! Cole

kastelic
I am so sorry, I realized there is a typo in the jquery script, here is the corrected version, just tested to work: [code] [/code]