Sign in to follow this  
usaaccess

Background Image Not Showing

usaaccess

Help! I feel like I've tried everything so far to get my background image to show up. I've put in custom CSS in Platform Pro, gone into the style.css and tried to get it to show up there, and a whole bunch of other things. I know it's a hierarchy problem but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be much appreciated! Here's the link to the site- http://toddsride.com I'm trying to get a US flag image in the background for all pages, 0% 0%, thanks!

Kate
Hmmm... I'm not seeing anything in the custom code. Did you try just adding the background image via Settings->Design Control?

usaaccess
Yeah that's the original place I had the image loaded. It wouldn't show either, so I inserted this code into the Custom CSS- it still shows as being in the input box...a mystery?? #wrapper{background:url("http://toddsride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/American_flag_background22.jpg") top center !important;} Thanks for any advice!

Rob
Some questions... 1. What Site Design Mode are you using? (Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control) 2. When you added the background image, how did you do it? Direct upload from Design Control or, did you upload it via Media > Add New? 3. How did you set the background image? Is it set to tile? If so, how? 4. What vertical position did you set it to? (Zero is the very top) 5. What horizontal position did you set it to? (50 is center) 6. What is the total Global Content Width of your Content Area? Did you look at the very top of your site? There's a black bar about 1/3 of the way, on the right, visible on my screen. The white space occupying the right 2/3rds is a background. Lastly, did you use any image or background plugins, and are all your plugins up to date, fully compatible with WP 3.2.1?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

usaaccess
Thanks! To answer your questions- 1. I tried using Design Control and the image appears in the preview window 2. I actually tried both direct to Design Control and when that didn't work I went through Media 3. It is not set to tile 4. I set it to 0 vertical 5. set at 0 horizontal. (It should appear in the top left hand corner of each page) 6. width is at 900 I did see that black bar at the top. I looked in Firebug but didn't see that background image showing up in the html code. It just shows up as a white box, but you're right- it looks like something's there... I have two plugins, NextGen uploader and NextGen Gallery. They should be compatible, but I'l check that out also.

Rob
On the answer to Question 1, I think you misunderstood. At the top of Design Control, there is a drop down list under "Site Design Mode". I was asking which of these is the design framework you've chosen. In reply though to your answer. I don't understand the "preview" comment as the image upload function in Design Mode doesn't have a preview option. Could you elaborate? You say it didn't work. Did the image upload? Did you save your settings afterwards? Try changing the present settings to tile horizontally. Let's see what that background image that's there will actually do. I suspect the framework is blocking the view of the background.

usaaccess
AH sorry! Gotcha! I have Full Width Design with Canvas selected. And if you're under the Design Control feature, there's the box that allows you to choose a background image, "Site Design Background (optional)". I uploaded the image I wanted from my system as a .jpg. It appears in that preview window of the uploader just below the upload image button, so I'm sure it's been placed in the media library. I saved settings and the image doesn't show on the website after all this. I also tried the URL option to link the image from my php server but no luck there either. I tried setting it to tile horizontally but it doesn't look like it changed anything. Thanks for the assistance!

usaaccess
Tried to reupload the file but it still has no effect so far...

Rob
Try changing the website's framework to Full Width Design Framework. I think the canvas is actually blocking your background image. As I said, something is there. Also, if you have the background being called via CSS Rules, please remove it from there. This way there's no conflict.

Rob
I sent you a private message. Please check the "Inbox" found at the top of this page.