Sign in to follow this  
mellanedavies

Hook to Remove Jquery blocking Plugin

mellanedavies

I need to add a hook to remove extra JQuery on pages where we are running the IDXPress plugin. If you could help me with detailed instructions on how to do this that would be fabulous. Below is an example of one of the pages using IDXPress plugin and the lines that need to be removed to resolve the conflict. http://allthingspagosa.com/nationalforestland/ (lines 27 and 28 in page source)

Simon
How do you mean by extra jquery? those lines are added by the plugin. PlatformPro does use jquery for sections etc, and it is loaded when needed, but it is enqueued properly using wordpress, and wordpress will only load it once, even if you enqueue it 100 times.

mellanedavies
I am quoting a programmer who works with sites using both pagelines and the plugin we are having problems with. The following is a quote of how he resolved a similar issue: ' I had an issue with this due to another plugin and I found that what corrected the issue was to have the dsidxpress Jquery pulled after the plugin code in the header area of the script. So basically for you, the pagelines jquery needs to render before the dsidxpress. That was his response prior to looking at the page, his next response is as follows: " if you click the link you posted above and look at the code I think the problem is due to the jquery on the line 27 or 28. This is an extra jquery insertion from the theme. I know pagelines has hooks and filters I believe. I would ask them in their forum specifically. I unfortunately don't know how to use their hooks. But these should let you remove the jquery on the IDX pages." I am positive that this is the fix, but I would like to try. We spoke to the support staff for the plugin who had us TS and disable PlatfromPro as our theme in which case the plugin worked correctly. However prior to last week we were running both theme and plugin without any problems. We have disabled all plugins and the problem persists the only fix was to disable theme. I am not willing to give up either plugin or theme as I know they can work together, any other suggestion you may have would be great, we will try anything to get this fixed.

Simon
Sorry, i dont understand what the problem is, or the solution provided by the plugin author. As I stated before... I downloaded the plugin and installed with 2010 theme, here is whats in the head: [code] [/code] With PlatformPro: [code] [/code] So you see jquery is only loaded once.