Sign in to follow this  
antoine

How to customize post-footer

antoine

Dear all, I would like to change the footer of a post from "Continue Reading" to "Lire la suite". How can I fix this ? Thanks for answering. A.

Kate
Hello Antoine, Are you using PlatformPro? If so, you can go to Settings->Blog and Posts->"Continue Reading" Link Text (When Using Excerpts), you can change it in there.

holimed
Hello, I would also like to change the continue reading text, but I want to have it different from post to post. A function that Wordpress supports, see: http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/ It does??t work with pagelines though, have tried leaving the text under Blog and Posts empty, but it still does??t take a changed more tag.. Appreciate any suggestions how to solve this! thanks, Nikki

Danny
Hi Nikki, The more tag and excerpts are different and in order for this to work, you will need to do the following. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PlatformPro > Settings > Blog & Posts: Then scroll down until you see the following option title "Post Excerpt or Summary Handling". Uncheck all boxes. Then scroll down further again until you see the options title called "Full Post Content". Check all boxes and then view your posts again and you see now see the custom working.

Please search our forums, before posting!

holimed
Hi Danny, thanks for your quick response, seems though that I "only" have the new pagelines framework which doesn??t allow me to change those settings.. thanks, Nikki

Rob
Nikki, According to the instructions found in the link you provided, in each post, where you wish to add a more tag, you can customize it each time for a unique message. You may click on the More insert option in the Visual editor, but when you switch to the HTML editor you're going to see [code][/code] Where you want to change it (this is just an example), you can edit that statement to something like [code][/code] and later in the long document, you can do [code][/code] and so on. Just edit the More tag manually in HTML mode. Note: You can't edit this in the Visual mode.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur