Sign in to follow this  
ihilgefort

New Templates

ihilgefort

Hi, how can I create new templates ? In the documentation it talks about the "admin" area but I couldn't find that thanks Ingo Hilgefort

Danny
Hi Ingo, Follow these instructions: 1. Create a new file in your favourite text editor and add this code to it: [code] Platform Settings --> Template Setup, click on the drop down menu and your new home template should be there and empty with section activate. Simply drag any sections you wish to be activate for this template. 8. When editing/creating a new page, in the right hand side in the section called Page Attributes, there is an option called "Template", in the drop down you should be able to select your new custom template.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ihilgefort
Thanks a for the details. Is there also a way to customize the existing pages ? for example I see a "custom page" listed. Can I change the layout of the page to have a two columnar layout ? thanks Ingo

kastelic
You can add or remove 'sections' from any template including custom ones in Template Setup. The number of columns are not template specific. In Layout Editor, what you have as the "default" layout will be applied to every page. If you want a 2 column layout on a page you will need to select that in that page's own meta settings.

ihilgefort
thanks. but in the meta settings per page there is no option to have something like a multi-column page. sorry - might be a very basic question and perhaps I am just not "seeing" in. thanks ingo

kastelic
Check Pagelines Meta Settings -> General Page Setup -> Content Section - Select Layout Mode (optional) on your page editing screen. If you don't see the Pagelines Meta Settings, go to the top of your edit screen, click "screen options" and check the box for meta settings.

ihilgefort
Hi, but there is no template that allows for 2 columns with actual content. its all content and sidebar ingo

Kate
With some CSS and HTML modifications you could create two columns...

dino49
Hi Danny: I want to create a new template for my homepage, and I found this post very helpful; however, I couldn't find the exact code you mentioned above in my functions.php file of "Pagelines-template-theme folder": (//OVERRIDE SECTION TEMPLATES-------//) Below is the code of the functions.php; did I get the right file? Thanks! ====== require_once(STYLESHEETPATH . "/advanced.php"); // ==================================================== // = YOUR FUNCTIONS - Where you should add your code = // ==================================================== // ABOUT HOOKS --------// // Hooks are a way to easily add custom functions and content to PageLines. There are hooks placed strategically throughout the theme // so that you insert code and content with ease. // ABOUT FILTERS ----------// // Filters allow data modification on-the-fly. Which means you can change something after it was read and compiled from the database, // but before it is shown to your visitor. Or, you can modify something a visitor sent to your database, before it is actually written there. // FILTERS EXAMPLE ---------// // The following filter will add the font Ubuntu into the font array $thefoundry. // This makes the font available to the framework and the user via the admin panel. ======

catrina
Danny was referring to the functions.php file in wp-content/themes/platformbase instead of the "Pagelines-template-theme folder" you're referring to. Are you using the PageLines 2.0 Framework with PlatformBase?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dino49
Catrina: Thank you for replying. I'm a newbie for page lines, so please correct me if I were wrong. I at first used page lines platform (free), and then upgrade to pro (USD197), and had the Pagelines 2.0 Framework installed. But I heard that I need to install a base theme so that my setting won't be erased when upgrading, so I followed the steps on this page (http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme); and then now my active theme is "Base Theme 1.0.2 ". I don't have the folder: wp-content/themes/platformbase; now I have wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme, and wp-content/themes/pagelines . Does that mean I didn't install the base theme correctly??? Sorry about the silly questions... DINO

Jenny
PlatformBase = PlatformPro child theme Base Theme (theme) -OR- PageLines Customize (plugin) = PageLines 2.0 child theme/customization options

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dino49
Thanks for replying, simple_mama; But I still don't know how I can add a template in my framework 2.0.1, or should I just start a new thread in the "Pagelines Framework" category?

catrina
I think that would be easier so that moderators won't think this is a PlatformPro-related issue.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse