Sign in to follow this  
[Deleted User]

Translate Features with WPML

[Deleted User]

I am desperately searching Forums and the web to figure out how to get Feature posts appearing in string translations for WPML localization plugin. There have been some people who tried to manage it, but I cannot find a correct way to implement it. Maybe some of you know, or have seen a discussion on this which leads to solution? Any advice on how to get Features in PlatformPro translated, would be appreciated as well!

Rob
The feature sliders in PlatformPro are custom post types. If there's an option for WPML to translate those, you're set. If not, you may have to ask the developer how he would suggest handling those. You should also know that several other sections of PlatformPro are custom post types, such as boxes and soap boxes. If you use those and want them translated, you will need the same type of guidance. Unfortunately, I don't know WPML.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dnnyboy
In case someone is looking for the answer to this one, I can help. Making translated version of features and feature sets is easy. But showing the right feature set requires a string translation in the ADMIN section. So, set your default feature set and hop over to the admin screen string translation. Search for you feature set name, click the string and voila. You can now "translate" it to make language-specific versions of which feature set to show. In PlatformPro the string for default feature is called something like "[pagelines-settings]feature_default_tax".