Sign in to follow this  
onepace

Separate Layout for Category Page?

onepace

URL: www.3dlaptopworld.com Right now I have the boxes at the top of my home page linked to a specific category. When I click on them I'm taken to that category, but I'd like the boxes and carousel to disappear. I only want to show the posts. Essentially I want my category page different from my home page. I understand I can make a static home page (which I've already done). But I want my home page to also display recent posts. I believe this is the problem because it appears the category page mimics the posts/blog page.

Jenny
You need to edit the Template Setup in PlatformPro for the Posts Pages and/or the Posts Page Content Area.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

onepace
Ok, I figured out part of what I wanted to do. I was able to hide the boxes on every page by using: #boxes {display:none;} .home #boxes {display:block;} Now I'm just trying to get the posts on the category page to be full width and not half width. Is that possible?

Jenny
You need to adjust your PlatformPro settings. :) To have full-width posts, visit PlatformPro -> Blog and Posts and change "Post Layout Mode" to blog layout.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

onepace
That worked. Thanks, and sorry for the basic question.

Jenny
I'm glad I could help. :) And you are very welcome!