Sign in to follow this  
anlinares

Navigation Colors

anlinares

www.outdooraddixtions.com Last question (I think) regarding this site and then I will quit pestering everyone about it (I hope). I use the Nav Extend plugin that one of the users has posted through the forum to help better control the navigation colors (don't think it has a link but hopefully you know the one I'm talking about). It has worked for me on the last few sites very well. On this site it seems it is controlling the text color but not the background color of the buttons. It was at some point but I've added so much code and somewhere along the way it quit working. Is there a way to tell what is now controlling the background color for the navigation and how I can regain control of this? Thank you!!!

anlinares
Here is that plugin I found in the forum: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29858470/platform_nav_example.php.zip

anlinares
I also deactivated all of my plugins to see if something may be conflicting but no luck.

catrina
If the plugin isn't working, there is a way to get control of the navigation colors by using CSS. Would you prefer that?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

anlinares
Sure. The plugin was just my easy route without having to figure out the code! Code will work, too.

catrina
Please add this to Custom CSS: [code]div.inline-nav li.menu-item {background-color: #YOURCOLORHERE;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

anlinares
Didn't work. I am thinking the nav color is being controlled by something, whether code or settings or whatever, but I can't figure out what it is to fix it.

catrina
How are you getting the round corners? It looks like the navigation is being generated by something else. Is it being generated by a plugin?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

anlinares
I am using the following code to style the nav menu with rounded corners and Typekit font: #brandnav ul li { margin: 5px 7px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; -khtml-border-radius: 6px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; font-family: carbon-type,sans-serif; font-size: 17px; letter-spacing: 1px !important; } #brandnav ul ul { margin: 5px 7px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; -khtml-border-radius: 2px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; font-family: carbon-type,sans-serif; font-size: 17px; letter-spacing: 1px !important; } #brandnav li a { margin: 5px 7px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; -khtml-border-radius: 6px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; font-family: carbon-type,sans-serif; font-size: 17px; letter-spacing: 1px !important; }

catrina
I'm quite certain you can add a background-color property to that CSS. Add this directly after the letter-spacing property in #brandnav ul li: [code]background-color: #YOURCOLOR;[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

anlinares
That changed it but it was like a border around the button. I went ahead and made the changes to get it to a suitable state. What I really want is the rollover color of the button to be the gray color at the top and in the footer.... but am starting to think it may not be worth the time spent trying to figure out how to do it. Let me know if you can think of how to accomplish this. Thanks!

anlinares
Yes, but I can't figure out how to change the hover color to that gray. Nothing is working.

catrina
Try this: [code]#brandnav li a:hover { margin: 5px 7px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; -khtml-border-radius: 6px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; border-radius: 6px; font-family: carbon-type,sans-serif; font-size: 17px; letter-spacing: 1px !important; background-color: #4D4D4D; } [/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay