Sign in to follow this  
marcusjkw

Index.php hacked! How do I overwrite with a clean one?

marcusjkw

My Iblogpro 4 index.php has been hacked. How can I overwrite it or replace it with a clean one without spoiling the settings? Any help appreciated

Jenny
You can download a fresh copy of the theme from your account launchpad. Then open it up and find just the index.php and upload it via FTP.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

marcusjkw
Wow, that's a speedy response at 2a.m.! Thanks very much x Now...account launchpad...got it! thank you very much

Jenny
Oh, and don't forget to "accept" an answer once your problem is solved!

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

marcusjkw
uh.. when I open the new index.php in textedit it looks ok, but the links on my site still show the hackers page any ideas?

Jenny
Can you please post a link to your site or send me login details to your site by sending me a message (just click on my name)?

marcusjkw
I've found it! it was the page.php as well. i replaced that one too and now the site seems ok. Any idea how to stop this sort of thing happening in the future? i noticed that the file size was much bigger

Jenny
Glad you figured it out! This article may help you prevent it: http://www.mastermindblogger.com/2011/14-ways-to-prevent-your-wordpress-blog-from-being-hacked/