Sign in to follow this  
wendygordon

FEATURES - multiple problems

wendygordon

The problem started when I couldn't add a new youtube video. I entered the code into the features media area and nothing showed up. Then I noticed that I couldn't delete any of the features. Not the default ones and not the ones i created. Then, I noticed that they started duplicating themselves if i tried to delete them, and all the thumbnail images in the feature list are all the same. I saw pross said that you cant delete the features that come default because they are hard wired, so i thought. ok, I will just make new categories and make new features and move on. I just tested and I can create a new feature and save it. so, i uploaded a photo, created a new category and nothing shows in the slider. I have tested with all plug ins off. This feels like a corruption. is there any way to wipe out the features section and start fresh? is there anyone out there who would be willing to look into this for me for a fee? I am desperate. my site is done. ready to launch. getting the features in was the last step. client is anxious. i am pulling my hair out. thanks Platform community ! in advance! Wendy

Jenny
Hi Wendy. What I did was edit the default features so that way I didn't need to worry about deleting them. :) Did you make a new feature set for your features? Did you enable that feature set in the individual page/post and did you edit the settings in the PlatformPro feature settings section?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

wendygordon
Rangelone help me in a huge way and helped show me it was a plug in conflict. I am sure it is the facebook comments for wordpress that comes recommended with the install. Some how i was able to delete all the preloaded features. not sure how i did. I am looking for other suggestions for facebook comments plug in. W

Jenny
Hi Wendy. If you consider this problem resolved, please "accept" an answer. :) For Facebook comments plugin, just search http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins. I also recommend using Disqus. You can see it in action on my blog at http://www.freebiespot.net

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.