Sign in to follow this  
anlinares

Universal Sidebar Background

anlinares

www.outdooraddixtions.com/home I have my universal sidebar at the top of my header holding a social media widget. I am trying to get the affect of a tab coming down from the top of the page. I am attempting to do this with a background image for the universal sidebar and have done so with the following code: #sidebar_universal{ background:url(/images/header2_bg_03_03.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right top; } Now I am trying to get the widget content to line up over the tab image. Thought it should be simple by just pushing it over with code. But I can't seem to get it to work with the above code. The following code pushes the icons over but gets rid of the background. So I have taken it out of my code for the moment. #social-widget-3 { position: absolute; right: 50px; top:0px; } Any suggestions on how to bump over these icons while maintaining the background image. Or perhaps a different way I should go about doing this? Thank you for your help! Ashley

Jenny
Hi Ashley. You can add the following to your custom CSS. Right now they look center-aligned but if you add more than the 2 icons, you will need to adjust the number to a higher value to center them again. [code].socialmedia-buttons { margin-right: 135px; margin-top: 5px; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.