Sign in to follow this  
darpels

iBlog Pro 4 - unwanted line!

darpels

I have a line running through the theme between the feature boxes and the widgetised area on some pages and don't know how to get rid of it, any suggestions what's causing it?

bryan-hadaway

Please provide the URL and specify or show a screenshot of exactly what you want to remove and I'll provide a solution to do so. Thanks, Bryan

darpels

Hi , the link is http://websitedesigncentregroup.com/buildcenter/ if you look under the feature boxes you will see a line (no idea what it is but it is unwanted) also there is a bigger gap between the content sidebar and the full width bottom sidebar - any ideas how i can reduce this to the gap is the same as the other features? thanks, danny

Andrew

Apologies about this but yes, you've discovered a bug. Its been patched but for now here's the fix: replace all the code in your 'template_fboxes.php' file (in the pro folder) with the following: `

<?php // inserts a clearing element at the end of each line of boxes $perline = 3; $total = count(pagelines('fboxes')); $count = 1;?> <?php foreach(pagelines('fboxes') as $fbox):?> <?php if(showfeature($fbox['page'], $post->ID) && !isset($fbox['draft']) && isset($fbox['text']) && !empty($fbox['text'])):?>
<?php echo do_shortcode($fbox['title']);?>
<?php echo do_shortcode($fbox['text']);?>
<?php if($count % $perline == 0 && $count != $total):?>
<?php endif;?> <?php $count++;?> <?php endif;?> <?php endforeach;?>
`

darpels

hi there, i tried that fix but it did not work. the site stayed the same.... please advise.

cmunns

Do you have any fboxes in the feature setup area that have empty content? This line is actually an fbox that has been collapsed.

Andrew

I was able to duplicate the issue with the old version of the code, but this new code fixed it. Are you sure the edited code is taking effect? We can take a look again, but I want to be sure.

darpels

we got rid of the line thank you! I still have the issue with the gap between the content sidebar and the full width bottom sidebar - is there a way to reduce the gap to match the gap between the other modules such as feature boxs?

Andrew

try adding this to custom css: `#content_sidebar .widget, #fullwidth_bottom_widgets .widget {margin: 1em 0}` then play around with the value til you get what you want :)

darpels

hi there, i tried the code and no joy at all. it didn't make any difference

cmunns

Do you know how to use firebug? There are video tutorial on our docs that show how to use firebug to change CSS to fix this sort of thing. The code provided should work (but it's not reflected on your site), but there is still padding on other elements that will cause a gap too. How did you enter that code?