Sign in to follow this  
pcsmythe

Adding Author Photo

pcsmythe

How do you add an author photo to a post? I've included text information from the profile, but the theme isn't picking up the uploaded thumbnail.

pcsmythe

Bryan, I added the plugin, but it puts the photo at the very beginning of the post. Is there some kind of custom thing I'm supposed to do to make it come out to the left of the author's information?

Andrew

Did you see the 'add author on posts' option? (on pro themes)

pcsmythe

Andrew, Yes, and that's checked. I've got the author information added, but I'm not understanding how to include an author photo. I added a thumbnail photo to the profile, but that didn't work. And the plugin puts it at the top of the post. You can check it out at appeals.me. Thanks.

Andrew

Hmm.. in this case I believe it will use your gravatar from: gravatar.com This service is actually owned and heavily supported by the company that runs WordPress.com (Automattic)

pcsmythe

Andrew, I'm kinda confused. The WH demo shows your picture in the author information. That's what I'm looking to do. How did you configure that?

cmunns

If you get an account at gravatar.com it should automatically add the photo for you.

mike4zengmailcom

I am having the same problem as the guy above. I installed the post-avatar plugin, and then signed up for a gravatar account like you said to do. I select the avatar in the post, but when I publish, the picture goes in the post, not in the About Author section. What do I need to do to put an image in that section? Thanks, mike

mike4zengmailcom

Update: You have to go into the settings of the plugin and disable to feature to post the picture in a post. That solves the problem.

bryan-hadaway

Also, an important note, is that after signing up at: http://www.gravatar.com/ and setting your avatar, that your WordPress email address needs to match your Gravatar email address for them to sync up. Thanks, Bryan

tomflume

Mike Ewing: can u please send a link so that I can take a look?!