Sign in to follow this  
joan54

Link on comment area to dashboard

joan54

How can I disable the link in the upper part of comment area (Leave a Reply / Logged in as NAME AS LINK)? That link leads to Dashboard and I don't want that. Any idea? thanks Luis

catrina
You can delete it in one of the comments files when it's copied over into PlatformBase. Do you have PlatformBase installed/activated? Alternatively, you can simply hide the entire "Logged in as NAME" bit using CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joan54
Thanks Catrina, 1. I am using PlatformBase, yes and it is activated for the main site, but I am using multisite and the other sites are using PlatformPro...will the changes on PlatformBase will overwrite the whole site? 2. Is it possible to lock the access to dashboard and make that link going somewhere else? Thanks, Luis

catrina
The reason why that link shows is because you're the one who is logged into the Dashboard. If a visitor goes to the "Leave A Reply" form, the "Logged in as..." text and link won't be there (because it only applies the person who is logged in - in other words, you or anyone else is assigned has a user login for your site).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

joan54
Right, I understand that however, my site is a membership site and I am using amember membership system. If my clients go to the dashboard they may change password or information for wordpress creating a conflict with the amember membership software database. I would like that link to go to the Member Page of a member. 1. is it possible to redirect that link to another link? and where I can make the change? or is the code area on Platform the area where I can put a code? 2. this is different topic though since I am customizing these details on my multisite + buddypress. What kind of forum is this you guys are using here? meaning BBpress or other kind? works really well!! Luis

catrina
It's possible to change it to any you'd like. Also, this forum is called Vanilla (http://vanillaforums.org/).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Jenny
I assume it will need to be done in your functions.php of PlatformBase but I can't tell you exactly what to do because I don't know. :) Hopefully someone else is able to provide further assistance.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.